We suggest you contact our tech support team first by e-mail or telephone (see About us >> Contact us Page) to determine whether the item is indeed defective before shipping. Then make a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) request (Open Support Tab). See Return Policy for more details.
BuyDirectPC (BuyDirectPC) warrants to the original purchaser that any part of the hardware system excluding software, documentation and similar items will be free of defects in workmanship and materials for the period of your warranty from the date of Invoice. During the warranty period, BuyDirectPC will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, the defective hardware system, free of charge for labor and parts for the first year.
All parts (except OEM CPUs, and refurbished items) come with a warranty against manufacturer defect or failure for a period of one year from the date of purchase. This warranty covers replacement of the product with the same product or like product as determined by the customer and RMA when direct replacement is unavailable.
Manufacturers often offer additional warranty for the following products: hard drives, retail boxed CPUs, and monitors. Customers should contact the perspective manufacturer after warranty with BuyDirectPC expires. Customers may also pay BuyDirectPC a service fee ($25 per item) plus shipping to have such warranty work completed through BuyDirectPC.
All monitors are included 3 years manufacturer warranty. BuyDirectPC provides no warranty on monitors. Customers should deal directly with the manufacturer.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Failure caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non-BuyDirectPC modifications to the Product, improper connection with any peripheral, external electrical fault, software faults, normal wear and tear or any other event and act.
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by us.
- Any additional purchases or upgrades.
- Any damage caused during shipment (except the shipment to the original purchaser) and any damage caused by: impacts, fluids, fire, flood, wind, earthquake, lightning or similar disaster; unauthorized modifications, attachments or peripherals, improper use, environment, installation or electrical supply; improper maintenance; any other misuse, abuse, or mishandling.
- If a product is received without original invoice. Warranty is void if serial tags, receiving numbers, product stickers, or manufacturer seals have been removed, altered or tampered with.
- If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis.
Your Additional Responsibilities:
- Customer is responsible for all cost of shipping to us, and we assume the cost of shipping back to the customer
- Ensure that the machine is free of any legal obligations or restrictions that prevent its exchange
- Obtain authorization from the owner to have BuyDirectPC service a machine that you do not owe
- Provide BuyDirectPC with sufficient, free and safe access to your facilities to fulfill its obligations
- Ensure all information about identified or identifiable individuals(Personal Data) is deleted from the machine.
Limitation of Liability
- BuyDirectPC is responsible for loss of, or damage to your machine while it is in BuyDirectPC possession or in transit in those cases where BuyDirectPC is responsible for the transportation charges.
- BuyDirectPC is NOT responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary or personal information contained in a machine, which you return to us for any reason. You should remove all such information from the machine prior to its return.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS BuyDirectPC LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING EVENIF INFORMED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY: 1) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES; 2) LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, DATA; 3) SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR FOR ANY ECONOMIC CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; 4) LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS REVENUE, GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Exchange of a machine or part
When the warranty service involves the exchange of a machine or part, the item replaced becomes BuyDirectPC property and the replacement becomes yours. You represent that all removed items are genuine and unaltered. The replacement may not be new, but will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the item replaced. The replacement assumes the warranty service status of the replaced item.